September is "EXTRA HELP" Month with SHIP
Do You Qualify for "EXTRA HELP"?
"EXTRA HELP" is an income-based program that can help you pay for Medicare Part D premiums, deductibles, co-payments and remove the coverage gap.
Call or visit the Heritage Place Office to schedule an appointment with a SHIP Counselor to learn more (317) 283-6662.
October is "Start Preparing for Winter Health" Month
beginning with the Heritage Place Community Health and Wellness Fair
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Come all - friends, care givers, companions, neighbors and enjoy the Heritage Place Hospitality!
Pamper Yourself. Educate Yourself. Test Yourself.
- Hand Massages
- Senior Yoga Demonstration
- Chef Presentation
- Are you using or maintaining your cane or walker properly?
- Fall Prevention - Learn how to avoid falls!
- Mold in Your Home - How does it affect your health?
- Adult Day Care Services
- Skin Care Assessments
- Blood Pressure and BMI Checks
- Flu Shots
- Breast Cancer Awareness Presentation
- Participate in the Healthy Brain Game and more at the Education Stage
- And more...
Enter to Win Door Prizes
- Goodie Bags while supplies las
- A pampered, educated, and tested YOU to have a healthy winter!
Free Parking available. Limited handicap spaces in the Heritage Place parking lot.
See October Calendar for more health-related events in October.
Our Mission is to provide older adults with comprehensive and coordinated human services to encourage and promote healthy lifestyles, independence, well-being and quality of life.
Our Target Population
- Older Adults in Marion County age 55+
- Older adults served yearly = over 1,250
- U.S. Census results for Marion County: more older adults are living alone, more people are living to older ages and the 55+ population is rapidly increasing.
What difference does Heritage Place make?
- We help older adults live in their residence of choice, an important aspect of independent living.
- We help older adults live more socially active lives - important because socially isolated seniors are at high risk for poor health and for poor physical, mental, emotional and social functioning.
- Watch our video: Heritage Place - Making a Difference in Our Community
What are the Benefits to the Community?
- Economic - Shop locally, take care of property
- Crime/Safety - participate in crime watch, watch the comings and goings near where they live, no wild parties, don't commit crimes
- Volunteer - at church and for other not-for-profits, (i.e. museums, theatres, boards of directors, hospitals, fund raising events)
- Political - vote, read newspapers
What are Heritage Place Goals?
- To build our capacity for serving more people
- To continue providing high quality services
- To offer more programming to address the needs of older adults
What are Heritage Place Needs?
- Your financial donation. Please consider the largest gift possible. 92% of your donation goes to direct service.
- Your work and talents as a volunteer. Please consider investing your time in our worthy cause. Volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups include class instructors, in-home services, office assistants, fund raising events and board of directors.
Donor and Volunteer Benefits
- Recognition in Heritage Place publications
- Satisfaction in knowing that you helped over 1,250 older adults directly and immediately.